Cape Town - Proteas star spinner Imran Tahir was named in the Caribbean Premier League's (CPL) team of the tournament on Sunday.
The Guyana Amazon Warriors took on the Barbados Tridents in the CPL final on Saturday at Tarouba, Trinidad and Tobago.
The Warriors, who have former Proteas captain Johan Botha as their head coach, were unbeaten heading into the final - having won 11 matches.
However, a excellent bowling display by the Tridents saw them cruise to a 27-run victory to claim their second CPL title.
Tahir took 1 for 24 in the final, ending the tournament as the second highest wicket-taker on 16 wickets at 11.53 in 9 games.
Former Proteas batsman JP Duminy was not selected in the final for the Tridents due to injury, ending his season with 291 runs and 4 wickets from 12 games.
Botha was named Head Coach of the Year after managing the Warriors to the CPL final with 11 straight wins.
The CPL's team of the tournament is selected by CPL's Director of International Cricket, Tom Moody, along with the commentary team - Mark Butcher, Danny Morrison, Dirk Nannes, Ian Bishop and Daren Ganga.
CPL 2019 Team of the Tournament:
1. Lendl Simmons - Trinbago Knight Riders
2. Brandon King - Guyana Amazon Warriors
3. Glenn Phillips * (WK) - Jamaica Tallawahs
4. Shoaib Malik * (C) - Guyana Amazon Warriors
5. Fabian Allen - St Kitts & Nevis Patriots
6. Kieron Pollard - Trinbago Knight Riders
7. Jason Holder - Barbados Tridents
8. Hayden Walsh Jr - Barbados Tridents
9. Imran Tahir * - Guyana Amazon Warriors
10. Harry Gurney * - Barbados Tridents
11. Sheldon Cottrell - St Kitts & Nevis Patriots
12th man: Chris Green * - Guyana Amazon Warriors
13th man: Chandrapaul Hemraj - Guyana Amazon Warriors
Head Coach: Johan Botha - Guyana Amazon Warriors